Kara Reagan, Attorney-at-Law, grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana.
She joined Stafford Law Office in 2006. She is also proficient in Spanish, which makes life easier for us and for many of our clients. In addition to advocating for clients in family law cases, Kara serves as a Mediator and Collaborative Practitioner, and has served on the Board of Directors for the Indiana Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC). Kara is Co-President of the Bloomington Association of Collaborative Professionals (BACP).
In 2013, Kara won the Indiana University Maurer School of Law Pro Bono Award for a practitioner, and she was rated as a Rising Star by SuperLawyers for 2014.
In addition to her family law practice, Kara also handles environmental law cases from time to time.
Kara lives in Bloomington with her husband and their children. She quilts, volunteers with environmental groups, leads a Girl Scout troop, and volunteers at her daughter's school.
Bar Admissions & Credentials
- State of Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court for Northern Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court for Southern Indiana, 2005
- Registered Domestic Relations Mediator, 2005
- Collaborative Attorney, 2008
- Parent Coordination Training, 2009
- Indiana University School of Law-Bloomington, J.D., 2005, magna cum laude
- Senior Managing Editor, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies, 2004 - 2005
- Octofinalist, Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition, 2004
- Indiana University-Bloomington B.A., with Honors and Distinction in Biology and Environmental Studies, 2000
- Monroe County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2011 - 2013
- Indiana State Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Central Indiana Association of Collaborative Professionals (CIACP)
- Bloomington Association of Collaborative Professionals (BACP), Co-President 2015
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC) and Indiana Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
Pro Bono & Community Service
- Monroe County Humane Association, Board of Directors, 2008 - 2011
- Indiana State Bar Association Civil Rights of Children Committee, 2010 - 2012
- District 10 Pro Bono Project, 2005 - current
- Protective Order Project, 2005 - 2009
- Certified Legal Intern, Tenant Assistance Project, 2004
- Environmental Law Society, 2002 - 2005
- Indiana Forest Alliance, 1997 - 2002